SEPARATION ANXIETY DISORDERS:-
● In these disorders there is excessive
anxiety concerning separation from
those individuals to whom the child is
● Persistent inappropriate fear to being alone.
● Repeated nightmares.
● Repeated occurrence of physical symptoms
● Excessive tantrums,crying & apathy
immediately following separation from major
● Individual therapy
- This counseling to give the child an
opportunity to understand the basis for
anxiety & also to teach the child some
strategies for anxiety management.
- parental counseling
- It is needed when there is evidence that they are over
protective about the child.
- They should be persuaded to allow the child more
● Family therapy
- It is often needed when the child’s disorders appear to
be related to the family system.
- Treatment designed to promote healthy functioning of
the family system.
● Pharmacological management
- Anxiolytic drugs such as diazepam may be
needed occasionally when anxiety is extremely
severe, but they should be used for short periods.